Have you ever noticed when you spend time at the beach that you feel more relaxed after awhile? Or that you breathe more deeply? Or that the air seems cleaner? This is not just because you are on vacation; it is because of the salt in the air. Salt in the ocean releases negative ions into the air, which are known to reduce pollutants and to promote a calmer, happier disposition in the people who breathe it.
The Salt Sauna at A to Zen also utilizes infrared heat. It’s unlike a typical wet or dry sauna in that rather than feeling extraordinarily hot to your skin, it heats the body at an internal level, causing the body to sweat.
Benefits Of The Infrared Salt Sauna
- Helps fight viruses that attack your body
- May cause weight loss from perspiration and increased calorie burning
- Increased circulation to skin helps prevent cellulite
- Deep heat helps ease stiff muscles and joints
- Increased perspiration helps rid body of toxins
- Salt releases negative ions that create a fresh, clean, bacteria-free environment
- Reduces stress. Many people use the sauna just to get a break from stress
Helps regulate blood pressure, balancing blood sugar and pH acid levels
- Reduces common signs of aging
- Increases body’s immune response
- Help for respiratory ailments (allergies, asthma, bronchitis)
- Help with skin ailments (eczema, psoriasis and other skin issues)
Before You Schedule A Sauna Session
You will be in a private room for your sauna session and you may schedule it on its own or before/after your massage therapy or other service appointment. You may wear a bathing suit or loose athletic attire if you choose. We also have robes available for those who need them. If you choose to use the sauna after a heavy workout, we request that you shower at home or the gym before your session as we do not have a shower on site. However, we will provide you with a cool wet towel and dry towels for your session.
Pregnant women and people with known heart problems/conditions should not use the sauna. People with high blood pressure should start with shorter sessions and step out of the sauna immediately if they begin to feel dizzy or light-headed.
Infrared Salt Sauna Pricing
Single Session – $40
1st Time Session – $15
Infrared Salt Sauna Package
3 Pack of Sessions – $39
6 Pack of Sessions – $69
12 Pack of Sessions – $99
(Packages must be used within 12 months of purchase)
Monthly Unlimited Sauna Program – $99
Unlimited program includes ONE (1) daily appointment of Infrared Salt Sauna or Jade Infrared Mat + other discounts