The weeks around Christmas are usually a time of caring for stressed out clients and anxious gift certificate buyers at A to Zen. This year has been a bit different to say the least.
Instead, it is the start of an “intermission” for A to Zen as we have decided to officially pause operations and say goodbye to our space on State Street. Yes this was a very difficult choice and one I have struggled with for months. However, our landlord’s requirement of a new multi-year lease in this uncertain time was a blessing in disguise as it made the decision for me.
Last week Mary, Mark, Silvia, Andrew, Ke’Andre, Jo and I began to pack up the spa .Today, a “pod” will be delivered so we can store most everything from A to Zen and have it easily moved to a new location when COVID is under control and we find our new home.
Though we will miss our special space on State Street, we are so grateful for the seven years A to Zen has been there. I have been in that location for over 14 wonderful years total and feel like I am leaving my home.
However, I am excited about the options for re-opening when we get to the other side of this “adventure” and time. This may be a few or many months from now. The future is just too uncertain to know at this point. While the new vaccines make us hopeful this will be sooner rather than later, there are no guarantees and so we patiently pause for now.
Rather than being sad about this change, I am choosing to look at this as an opportunity for new experiences for everyone connected to A to Zen, and invite you to do so. Even though the spa is closed right now, the spirit and intention of A to Zen can be open, alive and well in ALL of us! Consider this:
- Wherever we are and whatever we do, we can all choose to create or be “a place” of healing for every person we meet.
- We can all choose to “love our clients” and others in our lives.
- We can choose to create an atmosphere and aura of caring, calm and peace inside ourselves and around us wherever we are.
- We can choose to help those around us succeed and to help others because we can make a difference in both our lives by doing so.
Information About Our Team
Updated December 12. 2021
- Mark Day is available for new clients at Green Leaf Wellness as well as for outcall massage appointments. He may be reached at 336.391.3823.
- Silvia Durango is in private practice in Greensboro. She may be reached at email@example.com or 336.252.9699.
- Ke’Andre Stephenson is available for outcalls and is also seeing clients at Massage Envy. He may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 980.295.6685
- Mary Stewart is practicing massage at Grandover Resort.
- Billy Johnson is seeing a few past massage clients part-time. If you would like your contact information shared with Billy, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Donald Osborne is at Hand & Stone and is in private practice. He may be reached at 336.327.6748 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nikki Conrad is in private practice in Reidsville, NC. You can contact her about massage at email@example.com.
- Kat Greenfield. Etiska Goolsby, Jennifer Wolford, Afton Reitzel, and Rebecca Benson are all in private practice. Those in bold are accepting referrals for their past clients – please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to share your information with them.
- Jessica Outlaw (formerly Lucas) is practicing at Back in Balance. You can reach her at email@example.com or 336.420.7504.
- Randi Hunsucker is in private practice in Greensboro. She may be reached at http://therapeuticintentionsgso.com.
- Adam Merchant is at Massage Envy.
- To our knowledge, Tom, Andrew, Fran, Gabriela, Elaine, Bonnie, and Alicia are not currently practicing massage.
- I (Felicia) am focusing on consulting, writing and speaking about marketing, business, self-care and lifestyle topics.
- Visit the Our Therapists page to learn more details about other past staff members.
How to Use Outstanding Gift Certificates and Credits While A to Zen is Closed
We are referring our massage gift certificate, package and MMP clients to the therapists/businesses listed above IN BOLD.
We are referring our Salt Therapy Clients to Seahorse Salon and Spa. Learn more at SeahorseSalonandSpa.com
If you have credits or gift certificates outstanding, please email me to confirm your available balance before contacting a therapist or business.
Please allow 24-48 hours for a response about your credits.
Gift certificates which have expiration dates thru March 2021 will be extended to 12/31/2021.
A to Zen Massage